We have partnered with Studentcare to provide you with an extended health and dental coverage plan. The plan fills gaps in provincial healthcare plans or other basic healthcare programs.
The Health and Dental Plan covers students for medical services including prescription medication, vision care and dental care.
We have partnered with Studentcare to provide International students with a health insurance plan. CIHIP offers comprehensive insurance for basic emergency healthcare services that may be difficult to afford while studying in Ontario.
For specific questions regarding your CIHIP plan please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dialogue: Virtual Healthcare Platform
Dialogue, a service provided by Studentcare, offers Conestoga students 24/7 access to licensed health professionals such as doctors, nurses, and care coordinators. You can conveniently access Dialogue through a web browser or the mobile app, available for both Apple and Android users.
What can I do with Dialogue?
- Consult with a nurse about health-related questions via chat, video, or phone.
- See a doctor via secure video for a diagnosis or prescription.
- Get help with specialist referrals and lab requests.
- Be navigated to local resources to book medical appointments.
- Renew prescriptions, with free delivery to a Student’s pharmacy or Student’s door.
- Access the service from across Canada for minor emergencies 24/7.
- Consult health professionals in your time zone: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm / Saturday to Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm
Health & Dental Insurance FAQ
- Can I opt-out or add my family?
You can combine your extended health and dental plans to maximize coverage and minimize out-of-pocket expenses if you have another plan from a parent or spouse that is not OHIP. Alternatively, if you have other equivalent coverage, you can opt out of the Studentcare plan during the change-of-coverage period, and you will receive a credit to your student account. The change-of-coverage period is when you can enroll yourself, your spouse, and/or your dependent children in the plan.
- What is the change in coverage periods?
Fall semester (enrolments and opt-outs): August 29, 2023. – September 29, 2023. Winter semester (enrolments and opt-outs for new students only): January 3, 2024- February 2, 2024. Summer semester (enrolments and opt-outs for new students only): April 22, 2024 - May 24, 2024.
Questions or Concerns?
For any general questions about your health plan coverage (Extended or International), eligibility rules and special circumstances revolving around your health plan, CSI's Wellness Office is here to help.
Visit the Wellness Office or email email@example.com.